Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Allison meets Monkey George

It may sound silly, but Allison has a special connection with Monkey George (aka Curious George). When Allison was born and spent the first few nights of life in the hospital's nursery as they ran test after test for heart malfunctions, I noticed she was "animal less" in the nursery compared to the other babies that had a stuffed animal tucked into their cribs. In one of the many trips home to check on things, I ran across a baby gift that had Monkey George attached. After a clip, clip, Monkey George spent his first night with Allison and I must admit they have not been separated since that first night. Monkey George is a permanent fixture in Allison's life similar to my attraction with "Gus" as I was growing up from first grade on. Alex has yet to bond to a stuffed animal; however, he has a fondness for his white blanky.