skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Camping at Big Meadows
Growing up, I spent a good number of weekends exploring the back woods of the Stanislaus Forest near Calaveras Big Trees and Lake Alpine. One of our favorite places to visit was Lake Union and Lake Utica on a bumpy, dusty, unpaved road. Fast forward 20 years ... I had the pleasure of playing pseudo camp host to our neighbors, The Seabury's, who brought their trailer and joined us for a weekend of camping at Big Meadows. A complete photo album of the entire weekend has been posted at Totallyisham.com.Picture of Lake Spicer which used to be a very shallow lake until a major water project completed recently. Now, there is a dam, campgrounds, and fishing spots abound.
Picture of our campsite at Big Meadows. This is a spot about five away from where I camped 20 years ago. Surprisingly, not much has changed.