Sunday, April 01, 2007

Feather Falls hike near Oroville

Allison’s Godfather, Mike Smith, and I went on a fantastic hike near Oroville that was recently featured in the Sacramento Bee. We took the scenic 4.3 mile trail going into Feather Falls and the steeper, but shorter 3.6 mile trail back to the parking lot. Thankfully, we arrived early to beat the crowd. We assumed the Sacramento Bee article has made the trail more popular because the parking lot was full and many cars were parked in near-by open spaces. I would recommend if you are going, go early (before 0900) and dress in layers. Make sure to take your bug spray … I got a tick bite on my right leg below my knee. Thanks to steady-hand, cadaver-cutting Mike for removing the tick before it did any meaningful damage.

Lower Feather River that dumps into Lake Oroville. According to the signage, one can boat up Lake Oroville to this spot.



Beautiful overcast day with crazy green hills.



View of Feather Falls from the lookout sun deck.



Me posing.



Mike posing.



Time to hike back ... follow me ...